Salmon with Gravy
- Mix all marinade ingredients together to make a paste.
- Rub paste into fish. If time, let marinate at least ½ hour.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Cook the fish chunks in oil. Turn occasionally until all sides are nicely browned. (You can eat the fish just like this or with lemon or lime juice squeezed on it.)
Ingredients for Gravy:
|1 ½ cup
||onion liquid ( raw onion blended into a “paste”)
||Shiba’s Curry Masala
|1 ½ cup
||tomato paste (raw tomatoes blended to a paste)
|1 ½ tsp.
- Heat oil in a second large frying pan.
- Pour in onion liquid. Cook on medium high heat until onion begins to caramelize.
- Add turmeric and curry powder. Cook a few more minutes until onion is brown and thickened.
- Stir in tomato and salt. Cook until mixture begins to caramelize.
- Add 2 cups water and cook until some of the water has evaporated.
- Mix in 1 cup plain yogurt. Mix well and add salmon. Cook another 7-10 minutes until gravy thickens a bit.
- Serve. Good with rice, bread, etc.
Happy Curry Foods 2771 Commercial St NE, Salem, OR 97301
©2014 Happy Curry Foods