Roasted Tomato Chutney
||med. tomatoes, any type, whole
||dry red pepper pods (or fresh jalapeno peppers if desired)
||Szechwan pepper corns, if available
||garlic cloves, whole
- Place all ingredients except salt into a med. fry pan, wok, or aluminum foil.
- Pan roast on low heat, turning all from time to time, until tomatoes soften.
- Skin will be caramelized somewhat. This adds great flavor to the chutney.(Vegetables can be prepared ahead of time.)
- Put all into a blender, or use an immersible (hand held) blender, with the salt.
- Blend to desired consistency.
- Make “Krishnanization” mixture (below).
- Stir into chutney.
- In a small frying pan, heat oil.
- Brown popping seeds and Szechwan pepper.
- Add chili pods, turmeric and crushed red pepper and cook while stirring for about 10 seconds.
Happy Curry Foods 2771 Commercial St NE, Salem, OR 97301
©2014 Happy Curry Foods