|¼ cup||Shiba’s Clarified Butter|
|¼ cup||ginger – cut into thin strips|
|1 Tbsp.||garlic – fine chopped|
|2 med.||onions – halved and thinly sliced|
|½ cup||dried cranberries|
|½ cup||almonds – sliced|
|2 tsp.||Shiba’s Sweet Masala|
|2½ cup||rice – washed, soaked ½ hr. before using (can use soaking water to cook rice)|
|½ tsp.||salt, or to taste|
- Heat butter in a large frying pan and stir in ginger, allowing it to cook on high heat until it begins to caramelize. Stir occasionally.
- Add garlic and onion.
- Stir and cook on medium high heat until onion begins to lightly caramelize.
- Add cranberries, raisins, cashews, almonds and sweet spice. Cook until nuts get toasty; approximately for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the drained soaked rice in the pan.
- Mix all together, cover & cook on med heat (no water yet) to brown the rice. Stir occasionally.
- Add salt and water and cook on high heat until water is absorbed.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until rice is soft (approx. 25 minutes).
- Serve hot or cold.
* Option 1 –You can mix in ¼ cup brown sugar if you want a sweeter flavor.
* Option 2 – Mix in 1 Tbsp. clarified butter before serving to bring out the nutty flavor of the dish and give a sweet creaminess to the texture.