Curried Lemon Okra
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy bottom saucepan.
- Brown popping seeds then add turmeric and chili pods.
- Add potato pieces and salt. Stir all and cook over high heat until potato begins to brown.
- Stir from time to time.
- Mix in salt, curry powder and okra.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until okra is very soft and slightly slimy. Mash it lightly.
- Pour in lemon juice. (Lemon juice helps to control the sliminess and provides exhilarating taste)
- Stir all together and serve.
Happy Curry Foods 2771 Commercial St NE, Salem, OR 97301
©2014 Happy Curry Foods