|1 tsp.||Shiba’s Popping Seeds|
|¼ tsp.||Shiba’s Turmeric|
|3-4||dry red chili pods|
|1 Tbsp.||ginger – chopped finely|
|1 Tbsp.||garlic – chopped finely|
|2 med.||potatoes – Halved and cut into strips|
|2 tsp.||Shiba’s Curry Masala|
|½ tsp.||Shiba’s Clarified Butter|
|3||chayote squash – peeled, cut in half on the round and slice into ¼ inch lengthwise strips|
- In a large, heavy bottom saucepan heat the oil.
- Sprinkle in popping seeds and fry until dark brown.
- Stir in bay leaves, turmeric, chili pods, ginger and garlic.
- Cook until ginger begins to caramelize. Stir when needed.
- Add potatoes, chayote, salt, curry powder and sweet spice. Mix all well.
- Cook on medium high until vegetables begin to brown.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until vegetables are softened. Stir when needed.
- Serve with rice, lentils and chutney.
*Option – Add 1 cup plain yogurt when squash is half cooked. Mix well and cook over low heat until vegetables are softened. Delicious alternative!