|1 tsp.||Shiba’s Popping Seeds|
|½ tsp.||Shiba’s Turmeric|
|4-5||dry chili pods|
|1 cup||garlic leaf – chopped|
|2 med.||potatoes, cut into 2 inch slices|
|2 lb.||baby bamboo shoots cut into 1 inch pieces|
|1½ tsp.||Shiba’s Curry Masala|
- Heat oil.
- Brown popping seeds.
- Stir in turmeric, chili pods and garlic leaf and cook for a few seconds.
- Put in potato slices and mix well. Cook on high heat until all is hot.
- Reduce to medium high heat and, stirring occasionally, cook until the potato slices begin to caramelize.
- Add edamame, bamboo shoots and salt. Cook on high until ingredients are hot.
- Reduce to medium high. Continue to cook until edamame and bamboo shoots begin to brown. Stir in curry powder.
- Eat with your favorite accompaniments.
Option – To make a gravy with the dish, add 1 cup water and the juice of one lemon.
Cook until liquid thickens.